In some instances, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies may help eliminate common browser related issues. To clear the cache and cookies of your browser, please follow the instructions below:
- On your computer, launch Chrome.
- At the top right part of your screen, click the three vertical dots .
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data on the dropdown.
- Under the option basic, Choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
** Learn how to change more cookie settings in Chrome. For example, you can delete cookies for a specific site.
- Click the menu button or the three vertical bars and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
** More information can also be found on Mozilla’s support page.
- To view your browsing history, select Hub > History
- Select Clear all history.
- Choose the types of data you want to remove from your PC, then select Clear.
- If you use Cortana and want to clear browsing history that's stored in the cloud, select Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud, then select Clear browsing history.
** More information can also be found on Microsoft's support page.
- Launch your Safari and go to your navigation bar.
Click on History > Clear History, click the pop-up menu, then choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.